A family friendly theme park centered around LEGO building bricks and located in Carlsbad, an area of North County San Diego. LEGOLAND has over 60 rides and attractions for all ages to enjoy.
What we love about LEGOLAND California…
- While most theme parks cater to teenagers and young adults, LEGOLAND has the market cornered for toddler through ‘tween ages when it comes to rides and entertainment.
- When you’re traveling during the summer the LEGOLAND Water Park is an outstanding oasis for cooling off. We recommend allowing at least 3-hours to enjoy the Water Park. If you only have one full day to spend at LEGOLAND, we suggest staying in the main park and splashing around in the area around Pirate Shores and the DUPLO Village Water Works.
- Pirate Shores is great fun for all ages! Prepare for a splash on the water rides in this pirate-themed area.
- Fun Town’s must do attraction for ages 3-13 is the Volvo Driving School where kids get to drive in a LEGO car around a track. The track for ages 6-13 includes stop signs and light signals to practice driving skills.
- Miniland USA is a MUST for all ages. Be sure to save at least an hour or two to wander around looking at the miniature city-scapes of such areas as: Washington D.C., San Francisco, New York City, Las Vegas, New Orleans, California coastal towns, and, of course, the famed STAR WARS Miniland exhibit, which features a scene from each planet in the STAR WARS movies designed and built entirely with LEGO bricks.
- Roller-coaster fans will enjoy the LEGO & TECHNIC Coaster located in the far right corner when entering the park. This ride offers exciting thrills and is a great first-time roller coaster for ‘tweens.
- Coastersaurus and The Dragon are perfect kid-friendly coasters for beginner thrill-seekers. Coastersaurus is located in Dino Island and requires a minimum height of 36″ to ride. The Dragon is located in Castle Hill and requires a minimum height of 40″ to ride.
- There are many places to grab a snack or meal inside the park and many offer healthy options. One of our favorites is the Upper Deck Sports Cafe located in the Imagination Zone. At this reasonably priced restaurant, the younger crowd can serve themselves from a kid-friendly, easy to access buffet while adults relax and order off the menu.
- Parents will appreciate that restrooms are very easy to find throughout the park and designed with kids in mind. Sinks and toilets are at kid-level, changing areas are clean and organized, and stall partitions reach almost all the way to the ground to prevent little ones from sneaking a peek at neighbors. Family restrooms are also located next to each regular restroom for entire families to enjoy.
- Climbing areas at LEGOLAND are plentiful. One of our favorites for toddlers is the DUPLO Village, which offers a mini-train to ride as well as stairs to climb up and slides to go down plus a LEGO village for playing police, fire ambulance, house, and much more. For ages 3-5 we highly recommend the The Hideaways, a wooden play structure built in a nicely shaded area with rope ladders to climb, obstacles to overcome, bridges to cross, and slides to travel down. Kids can find hours of enjoyment here and is often the place we frequent when lines for the major rides are long or the weather is hot and you need a shady break.
- If you happen to have your dog with you, kennels are available on a first come, first serve basis at the front gate.
This family friendly park brings the world of LEGOs to life. LEGOLAND California is open daily mid-May through Labor Day and during Spring Break and all holiday periods throughout the Winter and Spring. The rest of the year the Park is open 5 days a week but CLOSED on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. LEGOLAND Water Park is open seasonally and the SEA LIFE Aquarium is open daily year-round however hours vary by season. To view hours for all 3 parks view the daily calendar schedule here. Food is available throughout the park with American cuisine for all to enjoy.
Nearby Hotels We Recommend
If you are planning your visit to San Diego around your trip to the LEGOLAND California Resort, you will get the FULL experience when you stay at the one and only LEGOLAND Hotel! Located mere steps to the resort itself and offering early park entrance for guests, this really is the place to stay to get your LEGOLAND on!
Next door to LEGOLAND are two world-class hotels, the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, which offers its own private entrance to LEGOLAND California Resort, and the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel, which is located within close proximity to the park entrance. Other nearby luxury hotels we recommend include the new Oceanfront Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort and Spa located 2 miles away and the West Inn & Suites located just 1.3 miles from the park. Budget hotels can be found within a short drive and include the La Quinta Inn & Suites Carlsbad, located 1.6 miles from the park and offering breakfast daily and the Ramada Carlsbad-by-the-Sea, located 1.6 miles away and offers complimentary breakfast, parking, and WiFi.
Book a LEGOLAND Package
For maximum savings, we suggest booking a Vacation Package using the link below. With over 20 hotels to choose from, you can create a custom package including lodging and LEGOLAND California Resort tickets and SAVE!
Best Value currently is the 5-days for the price of ONE! (Ticket valid March 7, 2015 – November 1, 2015.) Includes 5-days of unlimited admission to LEGOLAND California, SEA LIFE® Aquarium & LEGOLAND Water Park. All visits must be used within 5 consecutive days from the date of first use. Water Park visit requires same-day admission to LEGOLAND and is open seasonally. Parking is not included. Please Note: First visit must occur on or before November 1, 2015.
LEGOLAND offers Park-Hopper tickets at a discount if you are planning on visiting both LEGOLAND & SeaLife Aquarium during your stay. If traveling between May – October SAVE when you purchase a Park Hopper Ticket which includes entrance into all 3 LEGOLAND Parks including the LEGOLAND Water Park for one inclusive price but only if you have more than one day to visit – this pass is valid for 2-day visits within a 9-day period from first day of visit. View all LEGOLAND Discounted tickets we offer by clicking the Buy Tickets link.
Visited 2009 times/2 Visits today